Today started out as pretty good, I finally ventured out of my house with the boys to do a little grocery shopping and didn't even get lost! But we did however have a little trouble in the afternoon.
Before the trouble began:
Carter is crawling around EVERYWHERE!
Marcus and Carter are such good buddies. This is Marcus smiling...haha.
Well Tyson and Carter were down for their naps and Marcus and I were making some cookies. We were all done and Tyson was still sleeping so I thought we would go and test the pool water to see if it was warm yet. We had previously filled up the pool so that it would be a nice and warm for us after Tyson's nap. Marcus and I just stepped out and I closed the sliding door when the wooden stick (the one you put in the sliding door to lock it) fell! Marcus and I were LOCKED OUT!!! Tyson and Carter inside!! Okay I tried to stay calm but WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS I GOING TO DO!!! Brian wasn't going to be home until 7:30 and it was only 3:00. Tyson isn't really that good at opening the door to his bedroom, and he was still sleeping. Well I first went to all of the windows but I kind of knew that they would be locked too. I finally decided that I had to wake up Tyson and have him try and open his door to let us in. I probably did the wrong thing but I grabbed a bouncy ball and threw it up to his bedroom window several times. I think it scared him pretty good and I could hear him hollering up stairs, but he was now awake. Now the tricky part was to get him to open his bedroom door... which he NEVER does. Well after 30 minutes and a couple prayers later he finally came down stairs to save us...
and we finally got to play in the pool.
The HERO of the day! I am sure glad we finally got back into our home, thanks little buddy!
9 comments:
Wow, what an update! How scary-I'm pretty sure I'm going to do that sometime too. I'm glad all worked out well. I love the new place-it looks really nice! And a trip to yourself-how fun! Looks like it was a blast-you deserve it!
That is such a funny story! Way to go Tyson!
Wow, I have missed a ton of posts! I just check my list to see who has updated and before today yours hasn't registered since April! Sorry.
Looks like you've been busy. How fun that you got to go to Mexico, and your new place looks super nice!
WOW! I would have freaked out. What an adventure. I hope you are having fun and doing well in your new home.
Joni your house is GORGEOUS!!! And I'm glad Tyson was able to get all the doors open so you weren't stuck outside all day! That would be scary!
It looks like you guys have definitely been having a fun summer! We miss you!!
How nice that your two year old can save the day! That is a funny story...I love all the new posts. Congrats on the graduation and the new home!
Glad the locked out incident turned out well. Your new home is beautiful.
Looks like you guys have been having fun!!! I love your house and am so jealous of your Mexico trip! Call me sometime:)
Post a Comment