Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Lovin'

This past weekend we went to Cascade Reservoir. We have been a little homesick for Minnesota and had to get to some type of lake, this was a great one and made us feel a little more like home.

Here are the boys getting all buried in the sand. It is a great way to keep them safe and they stay put for a good while! We would normally make them into some sort of fish...okay they would ALWAYS want to be a "Daddy fish." Them and their Daddy. Speaking of their Daddy, here he is after a good swim in the lake. Good lookin'!
We had a little picnic there and Carter couldn't get enough of apples...kids they really just love them. Is it just mine? We hope to have some more good finds here in Idaho if anyone knows of any let us know, we want to love it here as much a we loved Minnesota.

9 comments:

Chris and Hay said...

I love your new picture at the top! You have the most beautiful family! Looks like you've been having fun. We can't wait to see you guys and your darling boys in 2 weeks! Love you!

Jen said...

Fun lake trip!

Pals Place said...

Joni! I'll be your friend. We need to get together. I didn't know you were already here. We've been up to Cascade and McCall and love it there, too. Looks like you had fun. You have such a cute family.

Westons said...

So fun! Your boys are adorable.
I feel so bad that I missed you and Melanie's shower. I didn't even know about it until it was over. Barbara was at Bear Lake that week and didn't get the invite in the mail until she got home. I felt way bad. Are you coming for the wedding?

Stephanie said...

It sounds like you guys have had fun this summer! I love the pictures of your new home. Your boys are absolutely adorable!!

Chalece said...

We just went to Lake Johanna for the first time last week, and I thought of you. You're the one who told me about it, and we loved it! That looks like a good lake too, I'm glad you're having fun over there. But we sure miss you here in MN!

Chalece said...

Oh, and your new pictures look great! I love the boys' matching sweater vests!

Simply Be Photo/Melissa said...

okay so this is totally weird. i have looked at your blog a million times over the last little while. and it never showed an update. it just showed the "coolin off" post from forever ago. and all of the sudden today pops a million posts since then. STRANGE! glad to see your doing well. :)

Shelley said...

So,...I am a distant friend of Brians,...Good friend of Cabe Jones,...anyways,..Cabe gave me your contact info because he told me you just moved to Boise! :) I live here in Boise and it is such a wonderful place to live! Give it some time and you'll never want to leave. Anyways,..i just wanted to say hi and let you know that if you need anything I am here! :) I've got a little boy (2) who could surely play with one (or all) of your little studs. Tell Brian I said hi and SERIOUSLY let me know if you need anything (even direction to the grocery store! ;))