
We have been wanting to visit Chris and Hailey for sometime now and this past weekend we were able to get away. It also happened to be the same time that Drew and Jill were visiting them too (we got a little visit from them before and after their visit from Chris and Hailey's, sure glad we are on the way!). We had so much fun and we can't believe how beautiful it is there. The first night Hailey made us some homemade pizza that put my pizza to shame :0( I think I have learned her trick now...we'll see. Saturday we went to Eagle Creek for a breathtaking hike :0). It was the most beautiful hike we have ever been on. There was water at every turn.
On the opposide side of the creek you would see beautiful waterfalls like this.

On the trail side you would be walking underneath this, getting showered with little streams. The boys loved it! They didn't want anything to do with Brian and I though...

It was these two who the hulligians perferred. I can't blame them though, they're pretty cool!


And to tell you the truth...

We wouldn't have been able to go on the beautiful, amazing, gorgeous hike without them.



Jill, Drew and Cruz provided us with a yummy lunch as well as good company.

This was punch bowl falls, the destination of our hike.

We then made our way to the coast, which was about two hours away (perfect naptime) and made it just in time to see the sun go down...

And have a little dinner at Mo's.

We didn't stop there though, when we got back we went swimming! The boys were loving it with Chris and Hailey and even though it was way past their bedtime they didn't whine ONCE!! I was impressed and glad we didn't just put them to bed.

On Sunday we went to Chris and Hailey's ward. They were all so nice, and LOVE Chris and Hailey. It was fun to hear from them how wonderful Chris and Hailey are, and know what great people they are. Thanks Chris and Hailey we really had a BLAST!!
5 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun! And a very beautiful hike!
Joni, how could your family any cuter? I think Chris and Haylie just adored your boys from how they talk and I can't say I blame them!! Sure makes me wish we could have been there to hang out with all of you. I promise one day, maybe after our little one arrives :), we will come visit you and also Chris and Haylie! I want to see your new place!! We can't wait to see you guys this week! Which reminds me, are you coming to the airport? I'll give you a call!!
Awe... Joni... You're just too nice! I found myself thinking "wow I'd love to meet this Chris and Haylie" ha ha We're really not as great as you made it seem ;) But we sure did love having you guys come! I love your pictures too! So cute! See you in 5 days!!
We hiked up eagle creek too and LOVED it!! Portland is just so beautiful, I agree. love Mo's too by the way.
That looks like such a great trip. The pictures from the hike are just beautiful. I'm impressed with how well your boys seem to travel. If it were us I think it would have been nothing but crying pictures by the time we were at the beach and pool... :) And I love Mo's! We always went out to eat there when we went to Oregon as a family.
Post a Comment