Thursday, June 28, 2012

We Are Young


My Class of 2002 just had their 10 year reunion and I couldn't help but think that although 10 years have flown by I'm still young...right? I didn't make it to that reunion because
this awesome girl completed a triathlon.  It's kind of fun that I had that excuse but I probably wouldn't have made it anyway.  We have been traveling to Utah this past month a lot because of these three.
They are leaving to Omaha, Nebraska tomorrow and I am not sure that I would have made the special trip down for the reunion because
traveling with these kiddos isn't always easy.  I do however love watching these said "kiddos" because they really are still young.  
A lot has happened since I last posted and although it isn't quite 10 years...more like 6 months, they have accomplished so much, and been reminding me of the things that I learned when I was still young.
Such as believing.
You can be wise men and shepherds.
you can be the coolest pirates,
the world's best climber,
or a model,
and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
You should always believe that you can fly,
but you have to work hard.
and have fun doing it.
Learn from the right people...
you know the wise ones.
And you may lose things along the way,
and need a little push.
Or even need to get carried!
But we should remember to always stay strong,
and keep smiling
 because with family we can do anything.
That's what my parents taught me anyway.  But they are leaving me tomorrow for three years ...does that mean I have to grow up?  I really like being young and I think my parents are still young, so I have come to conclude that I will always be young.  I sure love you Mom and Dad.  You will be great Missionaries and 
Jackson you will be the best little brother to all those missionaries!
Well I'm off to another 10 years!

8 comments:

Pals Place said...

What a fun update!! I had no idea your parents where going on a mission. Give them my best! And congrats to Jill! We moved to Las Vegas on June 1. We will miss Boise and getting to see you and your boys. I didn't make it to the reunion either but saw the fun 10 things you put on the video, you are so creative!! Have fun.

Tara and Brigham said...

Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! Your boys are adorable! Hopefully we'll get to see you all sometime soon! :)

Kimi said...

What a cute post! Your family is so adorable! One of these days we'll catch up! :)

Melanie said...

You are SUCH a good blogger!! I need to take notes from you! I teared up reading your sweet blog. Thanks for sharing it and for being such a sweet sister to me and a wonderful example of how to be an amazing mom. You are adorable! Love you and all your boys! :)

Jenny said...

Such cute pictures! That last one of your whole family on the beach is just beautiful. I was excited to hear about your parent's call to serve. They will be wonderful.

Diane said...

I'm so happy to see a little update. I'm excited for your parents. It will be weird not seeing them at family gathering for awhile. I'll definitely miss them (is it okay if I have favorites?). Your boys are the most darling things ever! I love seeing them all lined up together. That mud picture is awesome!

Chalece said...

So, so so cute! Those 5 boys are adorable. Tyson looks so grown up! So fun to see your fun adventures. You are the best momma! Miss you!!

Leigh said...

I know I read this a while ago, but I clicked on your blog again today and re read it. I love it. Such a sweet reminder and so well written. You and your family are just so incredibly beautiful. I hope things are still going well.