Sunday, September 23, 2012

School Has Started

Fall is officially here and school has been filling our days.  
These two were so excited to start first grade and kindergarten.  They were equally excited to wear their new clothes, shoes, and backpacks.  Who doesn't love wearing new things?
They get to go together which makes it so much more fun.  It's crazy that they are both old enough.

I walk them to school and I love that I get a little morning, afternoon, and mid-afternoon walk every day.
Marcus is now in first grade and "gets" to be at school all day!  (I can't believe how long he has to be away from me!)  
 Tyson is in Kindergarten and has the same teacher that Marcus had last year.  We LOVE her.  Tyson is soaking up everything and loves going each day.
Carter started preschool weeks after Marcus and Tyson and was so excited.  He likes that he has his own class to talk about and loves to bring home things that he can show-off and put on the fridge.  These boys are really loving school which I am grateful for but we have also found time to squeeze in some fun.
Dave and Becca came to visit us. It was a fun quick visit but we LOVED having them!
My brother Adam got married to this beautiful gal, Melanie.  We even got to miss a little school to go to his wedding.  
Weddings are pretty fun - you get to dress up and have a bunch of pictures taken.  Maybe even make some crazy faces. 
 We also went for one last summer Saturday to Cascade Lake.    
We even kidnapped Cruz for the fun.
 Landon was their too and he LOVED playing in the sand.  
We spend some time watching this little football player.  He can not get enough football.  He really has so much passion for the sport and is teaching me far more then I really ever cared to know, but I care now because he loves it so much.
We have had a couple birthdays.  Tanner is now 2.  Some people to call it "The Terrible Two's."
 I don't know why people call it that,

 maybe they left out frosting and their 2 year old decided to use it as lotion.
Carter had his 4th birthday and loved his Captain America cake.
Cruz also turned 4 and invited all his Avengers cousins - I always feel very safe and protected.
It seems like everything is growing around here.  Our garden even grew!
We planted our first garden this year.  We were so excited to be growing our own food.  Our watermelons didn't turn out quite as big as we would have liked but sometimes little is even better.
 Growing up is pretty fun.  We like it here.

5 comments:

Pals Place said...

Your boys are getting so big and all ready for school. We get to walk to school where we are now and I love the time with them as well. Your new SIL is so cute and looks just like one of your sisters. Looks like you are doing well and having fun. Take Care.

Bec and Dave said...

We had the greatest time seeing your place, playing with the kids, and being able to spend some two on two time with you guys!! Thanks for being such awesome hosts. Love you!!!

Jenny said...

So fun to see pictures of your family. Your boys are growing up quickly! It is so nice to be able to walk to and from school.

Diane said...

Wow! You've been busy. It's so fun to see your handsome boys! Adam and Melanie are one of the most beautiful couples I've ever seen! I didn't get to go to the reception or anything, so I have yet to meet her, but man! She looks darling!

mom weston said...

Joni I just barely saw your blog! I loved it!! If I could describe your family in one word I think it would be Happiness! What happy years these are! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures and fun times. It means a lot to a grandma in a far away place!! Love you all!!!